Thursday, July 8, 2010

It's finally me!!

Hi everybody. It's finally me!! A lot has happened since the January 20th posting, and I'm sorry that I haven't been able to get this updated until now. I don't know if anybody is even still following...but in case you are.... :)



After I finished my proton radiation, I stayed in Houston until I had my 30-days post-radiation MRI...which came back clear!! Cancer free now!



We came back to Springfield and, after a nice 30th-birthday party given by my Dad and Julie, I spent the month of March in-patient at the Rehab Institute of Chicago. It was a great place (one of the top-rated in the country) and they really know what they're doing. I think it was a good continuation and progression of the therapy I started in Houston.



Upon my discharge I came home. And I was REALLY glad to be home! A little different to be in the condition I am in, but as they say in therapy, "a new normal." We got a puppy, a great yellow lab and her name is Louise (her sister's name is Thelma!...she lives with John's brother Jeff). She is GREAT! Jadeyn and Jolee are great and busy with summer activities of tennis, golf, swim team and gymnastics. John is doing a great job of taking care of me and running our home, with "never a dull moment" getting us to all the different places at the right times!



I started therapy at Ozark Neuro Rehab Center. I go 3-4 hours a day, 5 days a week. I'm also going to pool therapy 2-3 times a week at St John's. I'm working hard every single day and, after evaluations every couple of weeks, they say I "haven't hit a plateau yet" so that's good. Working hard on my core strength, balance, and fine motor skills.



We returned to Houston for follow-up MRIs in April and they came back clear! For now, they want me to have MRIs every two months. So for the one in June, they said I could have it here in Springfield and send the results to Dr Tremont at MDAnderson in Houston (which is a lot more convenient!). It came back clear too!



I feel the power of prayer and love is what has kept me going, and I'm so thankful for all my family and friends. I will try to keep this blog updated, now that I can actually do it myself with just a little help. Again, my love and thanks to all my friends and family, near and far, for your love and concern!



From Matthew 6:

25 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life...

27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.



And...From 1 Peter 5:

7 Cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you.



Love,

Janeen

PS My hair is starting to grow back!!

12 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!! Still in our prayers!!!

    Maholm Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about you all the time sweetie! So glad to hear the good news. Keep up the good work. You are so strong and I am so proud of you. Hope to see you soon! Love you! Amber Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janeen, I am glad to hear that you are doing so good! Keep up the good work!

    Love ya,
    Joe

    P.S. Tell the family that Crystal and I say hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! So glad things are looking up! What a strong woman you are girl! We'll keep praying, you keep up the hard work.

    Willie and Rachel Eyre & family

    p.s. The boys have prayed for you every night since we heard the news. God is listening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neena --
    What a precious miracle in that you are now able to do the blog yourself. God has certainly blessed your therapies with continual improvement and I'm so proud of you for your strong persistence. We pray for you, John and the girls daily. Love you more than you know, Cece
    Have a great time next week. Enjoy it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the BEST! Sending you love from St. Louis/Chicago.

    xo,
    Mir

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janeen,
    I think of you so often and I am thrilled that you are doing well and progressing in your therapy. It was great to run into your mom in May when I was in Springfield...what a fluke! I was so happy to see her and get an update on you. You are truly amazing and an inspiration to all who know you! You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!
    Take care,
    Andrea Hendrickson

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just thinking about you Janeen. I am so glad to hear all of the great news! You keep up the hard work and enjoy those beautiful girls!

    Hugs From Iowa.
    Joe and Dawne OMeara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janeen,
    I think of you often, and so thankful that God continues to answer prayers, thankful that you are progressing in your therapy, you are a very strong lady, keep up the good work and we will keep the prayers going.
    Love ya,
    Retta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janeen! I am Stacey's Aunt Melanie and a good friend of your mom's. Debbi has been wonderful about keeping us up to date with your progress! I am thrilled to see you writing this blog! You have been, and will continue to be in my prayers! Thanks so much to you and your friends for this blog, it is so helpful!
    Blessings to you and your family,
    Melanie Tate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janeen-

    It was so great to see you the other night at Skinny Improv. You look amazing and I am so happy to see your progress. I think of you often and pray for you nightly.

    Much Love,

    Susie Cummings

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you so much my bff!!! You are amazing!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete